News & Events
This week, AWE Fairfax kicked off our last monthly meeting before a two-month summer break.
And you know what? Rita made me WANT to do all the things, and then some.
But first, let’s start with Rita’s background. Once a lawyer, after her boyfriend broke up with her at 2 a.m. and drove away, she went crying to a girlfriend over a bottle of wine and decided on a very bold move right there: Rita would go on 35 dates in 35 days. And she stuck with it. That’s where her story begins.
After her 35 dates, Rita then went from award-winning dating coach to business coach, and now helps women around the world take their businesses to their first six figures. Everything she learned about running a business stemmed from what she learned about her 35 dates, each of which she blogged about.
A few highlights from her presentation (or as I would call them, #truthbombs):
- Feel the fear and do it anyway. I love this! The fear I faced when launching my business was all-encompassing. But I did it and haven’t looked back since.
- Surround yourself with supportive people. Rita says to think about the five people you spend the most time with. Who are there? “Up your five,” she said. Surround yourself with people you want to be like who are at your level or higher.
- Celebrate the “no’s”! This is a personal favorite of mine. As a publicist, I am told “no”, all day, every day. And I celebrate it. Why? Because every no gets you closer to a yes! Rita says to be grateful for all the no’s you get. It’s just opening up the space for the right thing to land.
- Be present! It doesn’t matter if it is a yes or a no, just be present in the moment. Whatever the answer is – it is the RIGHT answer.
- Set your goal, and remain unattached of how it comes to you. Be open to pivot!
- Find a mentor.
Rita is launching a new program titled “Wake Up And Win” on July 1st, designed to help women create intentional mornings that support and challenge them to create more, sell more and achieve greater success.
We look forward to seeing you all in September. Have a great summer!
This week, AWE Fairfax kicked off our last monthly meeting before a two-month summer break. Our featured speaker was the fabulous Rita Goodroe, founder of Women’s Business Garden and Rita Made Me Do It, and host of the forthcoming podcast, Rita Made Me Do It. And you know what? Rita made me WANT to do…
Our May meeting for AWE Fairfax was nothing short of incredible! Princess Diana’s former Private Secretary Patrick Jepson joined us as our featured speaker. Patrick is a journalist, broadcaster and New York Times and London Sunday Times bestselling author, and author of the newly published book The Meghan Factor: A Royal Expert’s Insight On America’s…
What a great meeting for April! Laura Waller was an inspiration to our members. She owns Powerfull Fitness and as she describes herself is an “accidental” business owner. But her story is inspiring and incredible. She actually began Powerfull Fitness because she wanted other moms to workout with. Then, she turned that need into profitable…
Be interviewed on AWE Radio and share your story!
AWE's weekly interview show on WERA 96.7 FM reaches 700,000 listeners in Northern VA and Washington, D.C. A new companion podcast was launched this past summer on iTunes vastly expanding our audience nationally.
Thanks to Our Awesome Sponsors
Promote your organization while supporting local women-owned businesses today!
Join a Chapter Near You
Bethesda Chevy Chase